Dallas Coil Cleaning & Repair Services
For the best professionals in the Dallas, TX area to take care of your coil cleaning and repair needs, call 214-892-2225 now.
The Importance Of Clean Condenser Coils
When your condenser coils get covered in dirt, dust and grime, it makes it more difficult for the refrigerant inside the coil to release the heat it has picked up inside the home and condense from its gaseous state back into its liquid form. If the refrigerant cannot adequately release its heat, it will not be effective in cooling down the inside air when it returns to the evaporator coil.
Do It Yourself Tips
Cleaning the coils on your Dallas air conditioning system is a messy and somewhat difficult job. However, with the right tools and products some more ambitious homeowners may choose to take it on themselves. If you feel you would like to attempt it, here are a few instructions on how to best complete the task.
Before you begin, you should be aware that the coil cleaning solution is very caustic, so be sure to wear protective gloves and eyeglasses. Additionally, avoid contact with your skin. Finally, when spraying the coils, trying not to use too much pressure as it could damage them or cause some unwanted splash back.
- Switch the power supply to the unit off or disconnect it at the source.
- Remove the outer panel on the condenser unit.
- Using a nozzle connected to your garden hose, thoroughly rinse the coils. Be sure to stop occasionally to allow the water to drain from the pan so that it does not overflow.
- Generously spray the dirty coils with a coil cleaning solution. We recommend using an alkaline-based foamer, which dissolves the dirt and grime well and also degreases the surface of the coils.
- Allow the solution to stand for 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse the coils once again with your garden hose. Be sure to remove all of the cleaning solution on the coils, and remember to pause occasionally to avoid overflow.
- If one is available, use a wet dry vacuum to remove any excess water and dirt remaining in the drainpan.
Cleaning the condenser coils on your air conditioning system is not a task for everyone. Most people will prefer to leave such a messy job to the professionals. The air conditioning experts at Baker Brothers Plumbing & Air Conditioning will be more than happy to take care of cleaning your air conditioning system to help return your A/C to its optimal working order.