Dallas Water Filtration System Installation & Repair
If providing your family with clean, fresh tasting water that is free of harmful toxins and chemicals is important to you, call Baker Brothers Plumbing & Air Conditioning today at 214-324-8811 for the very best water filtration system installation and repair Dallas, TX and the surrounding area.
What’s In Your Drinking Water?
It is natural for all water to contain some contaminants. As water travels through streams and rivers, it gets filtered through rocks and soil, where it will absorb some of the substances with which it has come into contact. Municipal water treatment facilities effectively remove most of the dangerous contaminants from the water before it reaches your tap. Nevertheless, your drinking water probably still contains some unwanted contaminants.
If your water supply is drawn from a well, it will not have the benefit of contaminant filtration from a local water treatment facility. Therefore, it is more susceptible to containing contaminants that may have leached into the water table.
Some of the contaminants frequently found in drinking water can include:
- Aluminum, which is associated with impaired brain function
- Arsenic, which is a known carcinogen and linked to circulatory damage
- Barium, which contributes to high blood pressure
- Beryllium, a probable carcinogen and toxic chemical
- Cadmium, which is associated with kidney disease
- Chromium, which damages the liver, kidney and nervous system
- Copper, which can cause stomach irritation
- Lead, which is believed to cause brain and kidney damage and is particularly harmful to children
- Lithium, which can cause diarrhea, nausea and kidney damage
- Manganese, which is toxic to expectant mothers and younger children
- Thalium, which is believed to cause hair loss and damage the intestinal tract kidneys and liver
- Zinc, which can lead to anemia
- Pesticides and herbicides, which have leached into groundwater and are known to contain countless hazardous chemicals
While the health risks associated with these contaminants are the result of prolonged exposure to high levels of them, most people will agree that consuming any amount of these known poisonous substances is not desirable and would choose to safeguard their family’s health by reducing their exposure to toxins of this nature.
Choosing The Right Filtration System For You
The most common types of whole home filtration systems available are reverse osmosis systems and carbon-based filtration systems. A carbon filter removes the impurities and toxins from water by using active carbon. Reverse osmosis removes impurities by sending pressurized water through a semipermeable membrane. Both types of systems are effective in minimizing the amount of contaminants in your drinking water.